The EMD F40PH is synonymous with the Amtrak era of American passenger trains. Although it has been retired from Amtrak service, it operated for over 20 years. It continues to be the motive power for commuter railroads all over the United States, including the Chicago Metra. Over 400 F40PH locomotives have been manufactured by EMD in various configurations.
- Perfectly suited to pull Kato's Superliners or Bi-Level commuter cars
- Directional headlights
- DCC and Sound friendly with 8 pin plug and 1.1" (28mm) speaker opening
- Illuminated pre-printed numberboards
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- All wheel electrical pickup from scale 42" blackened metal wheels
- Detail specific to each railroad, including ditch lights, cab air conditioners, fan height, headlight arrangement, pilot, rear platform, and cab roof arrangement
- Available Kato-Direct with DCC and Sound installed
Detail Photos; click for higher resolution images
||HO EMD F40PH Chicago RTA #135
||HO EMD F40PH Chicago RTA #157
||HO EMD F40PH Chicago METRA with Ditch Lights #137 "City of West Chicago"
||HO EMD F40PH Chicago METRA with Ditch Lights #160 "Village of Winfield"
||HO EMD F40PH Chicago METRA with Ditch Lights #163 "City of Elmhurst"
||HO EMD F40PH Amtrak Phase III with Ditch Lights #334
||HO EMD F40PH Amtrak Phase III with Ditch Lights #396
Click here for a listing of past models (for reference only)