In-Cab Sound from the comfort of your home!
The Kato Sound Box has been developed as a joint effort between engineers at Kato and Soundtraxx to craft a simple, versatile, and powerful sound system for use on non-DCC layouts. Completely self-contained, the Soundbox has a built in speaker and will allow modelers to enjoy an “In-Cab” experience while operating their favorite trains!
This Sound card will allow you to enjoy the sounds of Amtrak's newest Electric locomotive, complete with triggerable door sounds, variable electric motor hum that is synchronized to the speed of the locomotive, and other prototypical sounds produced from live recordings!
- Prime Mover: Siemens 3-Phase AC Fully Suspended Traction Motor
- Two Selectable horns: Nathan K5LA (ACS-64 Amtrak Version), Nathan K5LA (Metra version)
- Prototypical Machine Room Blower + Transformer Hum while pantograph is up. Air Compressor plays when pantograph goes up - builds + discharges prototypically over time.
- Plays the cab alert beep every 60 seconds while the pantographs are up.
- Designed to work with The Siemens ACS-64 Electric locomotive
- Listen to this sound card in action at the Kato USA youtube channel! VIDEO LINK
Please note that this Soundcard is not a stand-alone product - it is an add-on for the 22-101-1 Kato Soundbox.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 18 November, 2016.