The EMD F40PH has had a long history throughout the 70ís and 80ís as a short range passenger locomotive. Being put into service originally on Amtrak, many local passenger services, such as Caltrain, ordered these locomotives for commuter operations. As of 2012, Caltrain has a fleet of more than 20 F40PH variants which operate Bi-level cars around San Francisco and Santa Clara on a daily basis.
- Equipped with body mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers.
- directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted number boards.
- Equipped with shock absorber construction for smooth and prototypical motion on the track.
- Powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels.
- Additional alternate snow plow piece included for tight radius operation.
- New Commuter-version F40PH locomotives have retooled bodies with over-cab A/C units and illuminated ditch lights.
- Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K0D8-C and Digitrax DN163K0D decoders.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 31 July, 2012.