The modern Nippon Sharyo-built Gallery Bi-Level is based off of the same concept as the original Santa Fe “El Capitan” Bi-level design concept, whose success went on to inspire such double decker cars as Amtrak’s Superliners and the Bombardier Bi-Level car which is also used in commuter service. Today, gallery Bi-Level cars such as those used by the Chicago Metra commuter service can be seen operating in several states across the United States, such as Virginia and California.
- All cars and locomotives are DCC friendly, with FR11 decoders available for the pre-installed 11-211 V2 Interior Lighting Kits with LED.
- Bi-Level cab coaches feature directional lighting for push-pull operation, with alternate illuminating headlight and taillights with an on/off switch for mid-train operation.
- Smooth rolling blackened metal wheels on all Bi-level cars with all-wheel electrical pickup.
This bookcase style set includes three uniquely numbered Chicago Metra Bi-Level cars, and by removing pre-cut foam inserts can be modified to hold a total of two locomotives and five accompanying cars.
All three cars in this set have professionally installed 11-211 version 2 Interior Lighting Kits with LED for ready to run lighting. As these sets are made to order please allow for additional time (commonly less than 1 week) when purchasing these items.
- 1 x Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Bi-Level Metra Coach #6004
- 1 x Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Bi-Level Metra Coach #6034
- 1 x Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Bi-Level Metra Cab-Coach #8527
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 13 August, 2012.