The EMD F40PH has had a long history throughout the 70ís and 80ís as a short range passenger locomotive. Being put into service originally on Amtrak, many local passenger services, such as Caltrain, ordered these locomotives for commuter operations. As of 2012, Caltrain has a fleet of more than 20 F40PH variants which operate Bi-level cars around San Francisco and Santa Clara on a daily basis.
- Equipped with body mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers.
- directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted number boards.
- Equipped with shock absorber construction for smooth and prototypical motion on the track.
- Powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels.
- Additional alternate snow plow piece included for tight radius operation.
- New Commuter-version F40PH locomotives have retooled bodies with over-cab A/C units and illuminated ditch lights.
This Kobo DCC locomotive has been rigorously tested for performance and has a Train Control Systems K0D8-C DCC board installed to be truly ready-to-run on DCC. As all Kobo DCC units are built to order, please allow for additional time (commonly around one week) when purchasing.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 13 August, 2012.