Operation North Pole (ONP) is a volunteer-based public charity. ONP works with Chicago’s major children’s hospitals, providing a day of fun and fantasy for families who have a child battling a life threatening illness by hosting a fantasy trip to the North Pole. The magical experience includes, breakfast, a festive train ride to the North Pole, a visit with Santa, winter wonderland fun, entertainment, treats, personal wish list gifts, and much more! It's ONP's goal to provide these families an unforgettable experience amidst very challenging times.
Kato USA has partnered with Operation North Pole to bring this special Christmas Train - a replica of the real life Christmas Train that was operated in 2015 to life as a means to support ONP's goal of spreading the magic of the holidays. To that end a portion of the proceeds from every sale of an Operation North Pole Christmas Train Set goes towards this charitable venture to help fund the chartering of this yearly train!
- Comes with an F40PH locomotive built in Metra style with head lights and marker lights on the nose.
- All cars and locomotives are DCC friendly, with FR11 decoders available for optional 11-211/212 Interior Lighting Kits with LED.
- Bi-Level cab coaches feature directional lighting for push-pull operation, with alternate illuminating headlight and taillights with an on/off switch for mid-train operation.
- Smooth rolling blackened metal wheels on all Bi-level cars with all-wheel electrical pickup.
This set is part of Kato's "Starter Series" basic train line and contains a locomotive as well as three passenger cars in a single, attractive package.
- 1 x EMD F40PH Chicago Metra Locomotive "Operation North Pole" #125
- 1 x Nippon-Sharyo Bi-Level Metra Coach "Rosemont" #6054
- 1 x Nippon-Sharyo Bi-Level Metra Coach "Donald E. Stephens" #6131
- 1 x Nippon-Sharyo Bi-Level Metra Cab-Coach "Operation North Pole" #8472
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 01 November, 2016.