After the introduction of Amtrak in 1971 the AT&SF repurposed many of its F-units for freight use, swapping the traditional red Warbonnets for a blue equivalent and removing their steam generators - although many still retained the original dual passenger headlights.
- Directional headlights and illuminated number boards.
- Powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels.
- Fully automatic magnetic knuckle couplers.
- Drop-in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K0D8 decoders.
- Dual Headlight and freight pilot.
- Prototypically lacks the two blue lines from the herald between the headlights.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 14 January, 2016.