The EMD GP35 is a 4-axle diesel locomotive, manufactured between 1963 and 1965. More than 1200 locomotives were built for US, Canadian and Mexican railroads in those brief years, as many railroads were upgrading from older EMD F units or Alco locomotives. Originally designed for General Purpose (hence, GP) mainline duties, over the long lifespan of these locomotives they saw service in everything from mainline operation to switching and branchline service.
There were numerous phase variations of the GP35, each with minor spotting differences such as number and locations of hood latches and louvers, as well as differences between fuel trank frames.
Phase Ia Spotting details: 7 upper hood latches on each side
- Locomotive feature directional Golden White LED headlights.
- DCC Friendly mechanism with a standard 8-pin plug for easy decoder installation.
- Comes with a number of consumer applied detail parts such as individually molded windshield wipers and grab irons.
- Roadname specific Dynamic Brake or Non-Dynamic Brake hatches: NYC units- Non-Dynamic brakes
- All wheel electrical pickup from blackened metal wheels.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 23 March, 2015.