EMD GP35 Kobo Custom Paint - Missouri Pacific #606
A Kato USA Web-Shop exclusive! This custom painted HO scale GP35 locomotive will be decorated in MoPac colors and will only be sold directly through Kato USA!
The EMD GP35 is a 4-axle diesel locomotive, manufactured between 1963 and 1965. More than 1200 locomotives were built for US, Canadian and Mexican railroads in those brief years, as many railroads were upgrading from older EMD F units or Alco locomotives. Originally designed for General Purpose (hence, GP) mainline duties, over the long lifespan of these locomotives they saw service in everything from mainline operation to switching and branchline service.
- DCC Friendly mechanism with a standard 8-pin plug for easy decoder installation
- Directional headlights
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- Roadname specific Non-Dynamic Brake hatch
- All wheel electrical pickup from blackened metal wheels
- All details parts and handrailings pre-installed
These locomotives will be offered as part of the Kato USA Kobo Custom Paint line, hand-painted and decorated by a master modeler in Japan. Due to the hand-made nature of this item, some minor blemishes and differences may be present from model to model – Kato USA cannot take returns on items unless they possess major paint or mechanical issues.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 08 April, 2015.