In-Cab Sound from the comfort of your home!
The Kato Sound Box has been developed as a joint effort between engineers at Kato and Soundtraxx to craft a simple, versatile, and powerful sound system for use on non-DCC layouts. Completely self-contained, the Soundbox has a built in speaker and will allow modelers to enjoy an “In-Cab” experience while operating their favorite trains!
This Sound card will allow you to enjoy synchronized steam sounds from your Soundbox! Utilizing the Soundbox synchronization knob, you can accurately line-up the chuffs with the motion of your locomotive's side rods, which thanks to the Soundbox's back-EMF reading capabilities will continue to match pace with the locomotive, even as it goes up and down hills and changes speed!
- Exhaust Chuff: GBL #40 Chuff
- Three Selectable whistles: B&O 3-Chime, SP 6-Chime, USRA 6-Chime
- Prototypical dynamo, air pump, and blower sounds play automatically
- Designed to work with light steam locomotives like the USRA 2-8-2 Heavy Mikado, but can also be used with other light or medium steam locomotives!
- Listen to this sound card in action at the Kato USA youtube channel! VIDEO LINK
Please note that this Soundcard is not a stand-alone product - it is an add-on for the 22-101-1 Kato Soundbox.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 09 September, 2015.